The Walden Glen (Division II) are looking for an experienced Head Coach for the 2022 summer season. Walden Glen is seeking a highly motivated individuals who are able to teach and enhance the diving skills of our team of approximately 40 divers via developmental practices and competitive meets. The coaches must be adept at providing positive feedback and creating and maintaining a fun but safe environment. Our team places an emphasis on our divers developing a love for diving and gaining as much participation as possible.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing safe practice regimens for divers ranging across age groups from 5 through 18, and at varying diving skill levels.
- Enhance the ability of athletes to complete basic dives (Forward, Backward and Inward).
- Effective management of coaching staff to include Junior and Assistant coaches.
- Must be able to provide timely dive sheets, attend, and provide coaching instruction at all dual meets, Cracker Jack Meet, Divisional Dive Championships, NVSL All-Star Championship Meet and any mutually agreed upon developmental (“B”) meets.
- Attendance at team building/social events throughout the season.
- Coaching experience of at least 2 years. Head coach experience is preferred.
- Past experience in competitive diving such as high school, summer league, competitive club, or college diving experience.
- Possess a deep passion for diving, love working with kids, and the ability to lead and instruct divers of all ages and skill levels.
- Ability to clearly and calmly communicate with athletes, coaching staff, parents, and team representatives.
- Excellent time management skills
We offer a competitive salary and a collaborative work environment. We typically have 2 to 3 assistant coaches from our senior/past divers and expect two will return again this summer.
Interested candidates should contact Kathleen Moyer at email@example.com