Parklawn Pool (Division 7) is seeking a Head Dive Coach for the summer season (May, 30 2023 – July 30, 2023). The successful candidate will have excellent coaching experience and interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. This individual will have knowledge of diving, passion for the sport and a desire to educate athletes on the transferable intangibles learned through team sports. Coaches will also be responsible for practice, meet planning and preparation.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing safe practice regimens for divers ranging across age groups from 5 through 18, and at varying diving skill levels.
- Enhance the ability of athletes to complete basic dives (Forward, Backward and Inward).
- Effective management of coaching staff to include Junior Assistant coaches.
- Must be able to attend and provide coaching instruction at all dual meets, Cracker Jack Meet, Divisional Dive Championships, NVSL All-Star Championship Meet and any mutually agreed upon developmental (“B”) meets.
- Personality to interact with kids of all ages and create a safe practice environment.
- Minimum of 2 years coaching in a competitive swim league (NVSL, CSL, PVS, etc.). Head coaching experience preferred.
- Past experience in competitive diving.
- Possess a deep passion for diving, love working with kids, and the ability to lead and instruct divers of all ages and skill levels.
- Ability to clearly and calmly communicate with athletes, coaching staff, parents, and team representatives.
Interested candidates should contact Ali and Jim Supple at email@example.com.