Looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual to lead our team of divers and small staff of assistant/junior coaches during the summer of 2023. Our dive team is Division 4 during this summer, and we typically have between 40-50 divers. The goal is to create a safe and fun environment for the kids, who range in diving skills from beginners to year-round divers.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan and execute practices typically scheduled M-F mornings between Memorial Day and the last week of July. There will also be afternoon practices during the last two weeks of school.
- Enhance the ability of athletes to complete basic dives (Forward, Backward, and Inward).
- Help develop a love of diving in kids ages six and up.
- Manage a coaching staff of assistant and junior coaches.
- Prepare for, attend, and coach at all dual meets, Cracker Jack Meet, Divisional Dive Championships, NVSL All-Star Championship Meet, and any mutually agreed upon developmental (“B”) meets.
- Past experience in competitive diving, such as high school, summer league, competitive club, or college diving experience. NVSL coaching experience is preferred.
- Possess a deep passion for diving, love working with kids, and have the ability to lead and instruct divers of all ages and skill levels.
- Ability to clearly and calmly communicate with athletes, coaching staff, parents, and team representatives.
We offer a competitive salary and a collaborative work environment. We plan to have 3-4 assistant/junior coaches.
Interested candidates should contact Melissa Mihocko at email@example.com or (703) 599-6743.