The Stratford Sharks are looking for an experienced Head Coach for the 2020 summer season. Stratford is seeking a highly motivated and proactive candidate to teach and enhance the diving skills of our team of approximately 50 divers via developmental practices and competitive meets.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing safe practice regimens for divers ranging across age groups from 5 through 18, and at varying diving skill levels.
- Enhance the ability of athletes to complete basic dives (Forward, Backward and Inward).
- Effective management of coaching staff to include Junior Assistant coaches.
- Must be able to attend and provide coaching instruction at all dual meets, Cracker Jack Meet, Divisional Dive Championships, NVSL All-Star Championship Meet and any mutually agreed upon developmental (“B”) meets.
- Personality to interact with kids of all ages and create a safe practice environment.
- Minimum of 2 years coaching in a competitive swim league (NVSL, CSL, PVS, etc.).
- Past experience in competitive diving.
- Possess a deep passion for diving, love working with kids, and the ability to lead and instruct divers of all ages and skill levels.
- Ability to clearly and calmly communicate with athletes, coaching staff, parents, and team representative.
Interested candidates should contact Sarah Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org