NVSL Dive News & Information
Spring UpdateWed, 5-23-2018 | Thomas Joyce
The weather is heating up and the season is nearly upon us. We have some spring reminders and updates for all teams.
Please let your coaches know that there are two coaches’ clinics being offered for the 2018 NVSL Diving season. The first clinic, given by NVSL Diving, is being held at 4 PM on June 2nd at Arlington Forest pool. It’s important for your coaches to attend to get up to date information on safety, insurance, rules, working with League officials, and the operation of the League. This clinic is geared to both experienced and newer dive coaches. This clinic is free of charge.
The second clinic is being offered by Stephanie Sutton, the head of Dominion Dive Club and renowned US Diving national level professional coach from 11:30 AM to 1 PM on Saturday June 16th at Oak Marr pool. This clinic will instruct on the elements of dive coaching from the perspective of summer league programs. This program is geared to our newer and lesser experienced coaches in NVSL Diving. There is a fee associated with this clinic. Pls see the flyer here for more information. THIS CLINIC IS NOW FULL
These clinics are NOT interchangeable. The first clinic is an NVSL Diving orientation clinic and the second an opportunity for learning basic coaching skills from a professional dive coach.
Meetings and Clinics on June 10.
Don't forget that there are lots of important events on June 10, starting with a team rep meeting at 8:30 AM, followed by a judging clinic and a table worker clinic at 9:45 AM. All events at Sideburn Run.
New Three Meter Rule Set
In order to help make the Three Meter Meet more accessible, the EXCOM has approved rule changes to allow skills to be performed by Junior divers. The new rules can be found here.Read More
The rule change proposal votes are in.Wed, 3-14-2018 | Thomas Joyce
- Yes on I. Age limit for upper range of eligibility (29/10/1)
- No on II. Requirement to submit diver rosters (21/17/2) (needed at least 27 of 40 votes to meet 2/3 majority)
- Yes on III. 3-meter meet treated as a stand alone meet with own rule set (38/0/2)
- Yes on IV. A. Clarification of dive sheet entries (35/5/0)
- No on IV. B. Disallow use of A/B/C/D position nomenclature; penalize diver if used (5/34/1)
- Yes on V. Clarify applicability of 3, 5, and 7 person panel use (36/3/1)
- No on VI. Use 5 vice 3 judge scores for a 7-judge panel (5/31/4)
- No on VII. Mandatory dive sheet submission 45 min before meet start or diver penalized by DQ (2/38/0)
- Yes on VIII. Assignment of an arbiter for makeup meets (38/2/0)
- No on IX. Mandatory deadlines for All-Star, Wally Martin, Division dive sheet submissions (9/30/1)
Remember: Adopting a new rule requires a two-thirds (66.7%) favorable vote of the Team Reps present and voting. The submitted Rule Change Proposals can be found here.
2018 Spring Dive Rep MeetingSat, 3-3-2018 | Thomas Joyce2018 NVSL DIVINGSpring Team Rep Meeting
Sunday March 3 201812:00pm Pohick Regional Library
NVSL Diving Meet ResultsWed, 7-19-2017 | Kate Walter
Beginning with our fourth dual meet on Tuesday July 18, we will be showing meet results as they are entered by team reps. Please note that the scores are not final until they have been reviewed by both team reps and the divison corrdinator. After those reviews are complete, an NVSL diving EXCOM member changes the status to "finalized" and the scores will be carried over to the standings table.
After a meet score has been finalized, if you have questions or concerns about a specific diver entry please contact your team rep to resolve the issue. If your team rep cannot handle the request, s/he will escalate as appropriate. Thanks!
Week 1 Results Week 2 Results Week 3 Results Week 4 Results Week 5 Results
Wally Martin 3-Meter Results Wally Martin Synchro Results
Cracker Jack Results
Divisional Meets Results
All Stars Meet Results